In-game description: SPIKES BURST FROM THE GROUND ON TARGETED TILE. IF NO TARGET IS PRESENT ON TILE IT ACTS AS A TRAP, DAMAGING THE NEXT PLAYER WHO ENTERS. PENETRATES SHIELDS.
|Tile Effect||25||40||0.63||3s||Until stepped on or recast|
- When you cast Soil Spikes, they appear on the tile instantly, but they don't deploy until they've been on a tile for at least 3 seconds
- You can only have one set of Spikes active at a time. Casting a new set of Spikes when you already have one out makes the old one disappear.
- When the game was released, Soil Spikes was by far the weakest spell
- Soil Spikes was one of the game's 16 original spells. It cost 55 mana, did 25 damage, and did not work as a trap
- PATCH 1.0.5 - Buff: Cost reduced from 55 to 45
- PATCH 1.0.7 - Buff: Trap functionality introduced; Buff: Cost reduced from 45 to 40; Buff: Damages Demon and Twins; Nerf: Only one set of Spikes can be active at a time