In-game description: SUMMONS A BURNING PHOENIX THAT HUNTS YOUR OPPONENT. HOLD TO INCREASE TIME BEFORE IT STARTS HUNTING. DEALS MORE DAMAGE THE LONGER IT'S AIRBORNE.
|Icon||Spell Type||Damage||Cost||Damage/Mana||Warmup||Speed||Duration||Splash Radius|
||35||0.29 - 0.71||0s - 2s||13,7,13m/s||10s||3m|
- The longer Phoenix is airborne, the more damage it will inflict
- Its damage starts at 10 and increases by 3 per second while it's airborne, stopping at 25
- Immediately after being fired, Phoenix flies in a straight line at 13m/s. You can hold the cast button to extend how far it flies straight ahead. It then slows down and begins hunting, flying directly toward your opponent at a rate of 7m/s. When it gets near your opponent, it speeds up again, rushing straight ahead at 13m/s.
- Phoenix will continue hunting for up to 60 seconds or until it runs into something
- When the game was released, Phoenix would get smaller the longer it was airborne
- With precise aim, Phoenix can be positioned so that it circles your opponent
- Phoenix has had more buffs than any other spell
- Flaming Phoenix was one of the game's 16 original spells. It cost 50 mana and dealt less damage the longer it was airborne, starting at a maximum of 70 damage when fully charged.
- PATCH 1.0.5 - Buff: Phoenix's speed was increased
- PATCH 1.0.7 - Buff: Its damage was changed to increase (instead of decease) over time, starting at 15 and going as high as 60. Buff: Instead of increasing its size and damage, charging was changed to allow you to control how far it flew before hunting
- PATCH 1.0.82 - Buff: Cost was reduced from 50 to 45 . Buff: Its maximim flight time was extended to 60 seconds to make circling a viable strategy
- PATCH 1.3.4 - Buff: Cost was reduced to 25. Nerf: Damage was reduced to 10-25
- PATCH 1.3.6 - Nerf: Cost was increased to 35. Buff: Damage was increased to 15-30
- PATCH 1.5.0 - Nerf: Damage was reduced to 15-25, splash damage is always 10 (instead of 5-30), and damage increase per second was reduced from 5 to 3
- PATCH 1.6.0 - Nerf: Maximum lifespan reduced from 60 seconds to 10