Shield of Light
In-game description: A SMALL WIELDABLE SHIELD. PROJECTILES BOUNCE OFF THE SHIELD, ENABLING YOU TO DEFLECT THEM BACK TOWARDS YOUR OPPONENT.
|Defensive||Reflects Projectiles|| 20 to activate
+ 5/s while up
- Lightning, Phoenix and Dragon's Breath are not reflected
- Electric Fist and Disc of Antioch are reflected, but not directly back at your opponent
- Tile effect spells (like Soil Spikes and Acid Cloud) cannot be blocked by Shield of Light
- Due to latency, from your opponent's perspective, projectiles will sometimes not appear to be reflected by Shield (thus will not damage them). To ensure that their projectile is reflected, cast your Shield at least one second before their projectile reaches it.
- It's possible for positional tracked players to block all thee projectiles from a charged Magic Missile by stepping back and holding Shield close to their body
- It originally looked like a tower shield instead of a round shield. And despite the icon, it's never looked like a kite shield
- Before patch 1.1.0, it was very difficult to accurately reflect a projectile back at your opponent
- Shield of Light was one of the game's 16 original spells. It cost 10 mana to activate, an additional 5 mana for every second it was up, and additional mana was drained every time a projectile hit Shield. It did not reflect projectiles accurately.
- PATCH 1.0.7 - Buff: Removed mana drain on hit
- PATCH 1.1.0 - Buff: Reflection accuracy was improved
- PATCH 1.1.0 - Nerf: Activation cost was increased from 10 to 15
- PATCH 1.6.2 - Nerf: Activation cost was increased from 15 to 20